Damascus Will Be Destroyed
SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS and FOLLOW
1. There are two major world wars yet to occur before the return of the Lord. These are prophesied in the book of Revelation as the sixth and seventh trumpets:
a. WWIII - in which it appears from the wording that two billion or more people will die, and
b. WWIV - which is Armageddon, and will occur a few years later.
2. Note that the sixth trumpet war begins from the Euphrates river area, where we have many troops in battle already today. The Euphrates River is completely controlled by Muslims, from its source in Turkey, through Syria and Iraq (the longest section) to its mouth at Iran. (Rev 9:13-21; "the four angels were loosed, which were prepared… for to slay the third part of men" – just over two billion people now.)
3. Related to these, there is another prophecy that we have been following for a few years about Damascus, Syria. ALL of the prophecies in the bible have either been perfectly fulfilled already, or will be fulfilled in the next few years. The prophecy in Isaiah 17:1-3 says that Damascus will be destroyed and its kingdom shall cease. These things have never happened yet. Here is the exact wording:
1The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
2The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
3The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts.
4. You may know that the Hezbollah (also spelled Hizbollah) is the terrorist organization in Lebanon that fought against Israel in the 2006 war. Hezbollah literally means "party of God" (as in "allah"). Just a few years ago there was a very interesting sequence of news articles:
a. The IDF announced in the autumn of 2009 that they would be issuing gas masks to all Israeli citizens. http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1121251.html
b. Many news sources reported that the distribution of gas masks has begun. http://www.eutimes.net/2010/01/israel-to-issue-gas-masks-to-entire-population/
c. Israel accused Syria of supplying Hezbollah with Russian-made Scud missiles that can reach all of Israel and can carry chemical weapons. This accusation was made by President Shimon Peres who is known to be a political dove: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/7586789/Israel-accuses-Syria-of-providing-Scud-missiles-to-Hizbollah.html
d. Syria denies the allegation that it provided Scud missiles to Hezbollah, and claims Israel is paving the way for an attack by making such claims. http://article.wn.com/view/2010/04/16/Syria_denies_allegation_it_provides_Scuds_to_Hezbollah/
e. Hezbollah admits receiving the Scud missiles from Syria, but claims they are old and not effective. http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=173217
f. British intelligence MI6 reports that Hezbollah is ready for a new war with Israel, having been re-supplied with arms that include state-of-the-art missiles from Iran http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=141681
g. Israel sends a warning to Bashar Assad of Syria that it now considers Hezbollah to be military arm of Syria, and that – if Hezbollah attacks Israel – Israel will "return Syria to the Stone Age" and "the Assad dynasty will lose its power and will cease to reign in Syria" http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article7101106.ece
h. Here is an excerpt from that article:
It follows the discovery by Israeli intelligence that Syria has recently supplied long-range ballistic missiles and advanced anti-aircraft systems to Hezbollah.
"We'll return Syria to the Stone Age by crippling its power stations, ports, fuel storage and every bit of strategic infrastructure if Hezbollah dare to launch ballistic missiles against us," said an Israeli minister, who was speaking off-the-record.
5. The warning, which was conveyed to Damascus by a third party, was sent to reinforce an earlier signal by Avigdor Lieberman, the Israeli foreign minister. "If a war breaks out the Assad dynasty will lose its power and will cease to reign in Syria," he said, in early 2010.
6. The Israeli decision to hold Syria directly responsible for Hezbollah's actions is believed to be the result of intelligence assessments that Beirut has lost control of the Shi'ite organization, which has become an increasingly powerful force in Lebanon.
7. That threat sounds a lot like Damascus becoming "a ruinous heap" and 'the kingdom ceasing from Damascus.' Whether it will occur in the upcoming sixth trumpet war, or in the seventh (Armageddon) is unknown. It is only an educated guess, but I am inclined to believe that it will happen in the sixth war, because Syria is not specifically mentioned among the combatants at Armageddon, even though Russia and the kings of the east will cross the Euphrates river and come down through Syria at that time (by using the Attaturk dam to dry up the river to make way for them – Rev 16:12 - something they could never have done before 1990.)
8. I also suspect that Israel will be blamed for triggering this sixth trumpet war that kills two billion people and that annihilates Damascus - which may then be the reason cited by the United Nations for moving against Israel to disarm her of her nuclear weapons a few years later at Armageddon.
9. Since the "Arab Spring" began in early 2011, governments and their leaders have toppled throughout the Middle East. Bashar Assad is now in the sights of the U.S. military forces.
10. I do not believe that this movement has much, if anything, to do with spreading democracy around the world. This is a war to control the world. Some people in the United States want to control the world and to use American Forces to subdue it. But, I think the truth is even more ominous. Since Mohammad's death there have been two struggling factions trying to control Islam so as to set up a world Caliphate. These are the Sunni and the Shiite factions.
11. Iran and Syria are Shiite. Saudi Arabia and Egypt are Sunni. President Barak Hussein Obama is (in my opinion) a Sunni Muslim. (Remember that - upon becoming President and speaking in Cairo - he bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia - the ruler of Mecca and Medina.)
12. So, Obama wants to depose Assad in order to defeat Shia and to set up a Sunni Caliphate. He is the ultimate Trojan horse, having infiltrated the United States, having taken over its military and government, and now having decided to go to war against Assad. (History will tell whether Assad in fact used chemical weapons, or whether other powers - perhaps the U.S. itself - arranged that attack as a pretence to launch this war.)
13. It is not certain that Obama is the Antichrist. But he is a formidable candidate on the short list. Here is what the bible says about the Antichrist. Does this sound like the characteristics of the United States and of Obama today?
23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.